Thursday 5 June 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation



My Holy Grail foundation that I wear on a daily basis, I have oily skin though can be dry at times. Double Wear is a natural semi matte foundation that lasts 15 hours (however who actually wears makeup for 15 hours?), worry-free that stays fresh through heat, humidity and nonstop activity.

Something I love about this foundation is that the colour doesn’t change at least not on my skin, there is absolutely no smudging or transferring onto clothes which is what I struggle with. The feel is lightweight and comfortable, however can cling to dry patches so if you have drier skin than be careful of that.

I find that when I use this foundation I don’t need to powder throughout the day, the formula is easy to blend and is oil-free. There are seventeen shades but I’d advise everyone to visit a counter to be colour matched, it’s easier and better for the money you’ll be paying for it. Here in Australia a bottle costs AUD $50 which is pricey, but you only need to use a small amount of product and a single bottle lasts a long time.

I don’t even need to use a concealer under or over this foundation, the coverage is medium but can be buildable. I apply more foundation on my cheeks and chin as that’s where I have old acne scarring and new acne on occasion. Although I find this highlights my large pores across my cheeks, now this is pretty normal for any matte foundations but it’s something I can easily live with.

A con about this product is that the bottle doesn’t come with a pump, you have to pour the foundation out which can easily mean you pour out too much product. Right now I’m getting to the end of my bottle, which means it’s harder and slower to pour the foundation out which isn’t ideal and overall just plain annoying.


What is your favourite foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment