Monday 23 June 2014

Autumn Nails



Here in Australia it is currently Autumn, meaning I get to start bringing out my darker nail polishes (though you can wear whatever colour in any season). I love this time of year when it’s starting to get colder after struggling through the heat of Summer, now we can enjoy hot drinks and hearty meals while snuggling up with a blanket.

Essie After Sex is a beautiful sultry pearlescent burgundy, it has to be one of my favourite reds to wear. I find that I need two coats of this polish to get an even colour across my nails, the light shimmer catches the light beautifully and would look wonderful on everyone.

OPI You Don’t Know Jacques! is a colour that I never thought I’d actually like, it’s a pretty taupe colour that can look plain or boring. I know many people don’t like this polish, but personally I do because it’s different and I had no other colour like this one.

China Glaze Dress Me Up, when I brought this polish I thought it’d be one of the run of the mill nude/mauvey colours. However the colour is even more beautiful when applied, it has a muted pink finish which only needs one coat but I apply a second coat to give it a richer look.

OPI Mrs. O’Leary’s BBQ is simply the best blackish red/deep oxblood red I've ever used, I use this colour all through autumn and winter because it’s stylish and chic. A big plus is that the colour doesn't get blacker and darker with every extra application, like some dark nail polishes can.


What nail polishes are you enjoying right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment